Grand Banks Discussion Forum Forum Index Grand Banks Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB 36C Identification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grand Banks Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Specifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownemail

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 4:31 am    Post subject: GB 36C Identification Reply with quote

I am looking at a couple of GB 36 classics with a view to purchase one.

One does not have a Grand Banks number displayed. Where should I look?

Is there a register available on-line?
Grateful for any information.
JB

------------------
JB
jakebrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our '96 has the GB plaque in the galley - inboard side of the cabinet that houses the microwave. This hull is number 1,089 if that's any help.

------------------
K Dowling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our GB36-524 has the plaque above the front center window in the salon.

------------------
John T. Keenan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2000 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALICEMARIE GB 36 # 210 has the builders plaque located at the top of the electrical distribution panel located on the port side of the helm at the lower station.. Rgds, John
John Gadow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2000 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interpreted the original question as coming from a prospective buyer who wants to know the hull number and year built for boats he is looking at. For more info on this subject, go to the Grand Banks website, grandbanks.com, and enter the owner's section. There you will find the serial number format explained. The format is GND/length/hullnumber/month/year/model. For boats imported to the USA, GND is a constant field assigned by the U.S. Coast Guard to identify all GBs. The other fields are variable with the size and date built. On fiberglass boats, you'll probably find the serial number molded into the exterior transom gelcoat. On our GB-42, it's high on the starboard side, just below the caprail. Don't know where this data may be on woodies. On glass boats, you don't even have to step aboard to learn the hull number and year built. Hope this helps.

------------------
John Gadow
"At Ease"
GB-42CL #974
dbarck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the above suggestions are all helpful, you will find that Grand Banks (as well as many other boat builders) did not stamp hull numbers on the transom until legally required (around 1985). However, if the boats at which you are looking have Federal (Coast Guard) documentaion, you will find the year in that documentation (they use the year in which the hull was laid; GB tends to change their "model year" in June/July, so the model year could be one year later than the hull year). Some states also give this information in their registration, but not all. FYI. Regards, *beep*
Tod Diamond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My glass 1973 42-399 has the hull number stamped on the starboard side of the transom.
sam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GB 36 483 has this number allmost in every part of the boat. I found number 483 in hatches-door-wooden floor and so on. I do not know it is the same in every GB. I have some oval chrome plate with hull number and Goddes of the sea above the front window. If this can help you.
Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grand Banks Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Specifications All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: